Transformational Leadership Workshop - Leader as Coach
- Date: 19th July 2018
- Time: 3:00 - 5:00pm (registration starts at 2:45pm)
- Location: Spaces, 410 North Bridge Road, Singapore 188726
- Organiser: DecodeHR
Leader as Coach – Leading Change
- Active listening and coaching skills
- Knowing your audience and understanding others
- Inspiring others and enrolling people into your vision
Who Will Benefit
- Senior-level executives
- Mid-level managers with direct reports
- Individuals in matrix organizations who need to understand diverse teams
Strategic Skills Transformation Seminar
Date : 18 May 2018
Organiser : Comaea
The seminar offered participants the opportunity to learn more on the latest technologies and strategies, as well as the chance to explore how to achieve a successful transformation journey. Speakers included Per Palmér of Comaea and Evelyn Chow of DecodeHR, leading figures in the field with over 25 years of experience working with Strategic Competency and Workforce Transformation in Europe and Asia.
Topics covered at the seminar included:
- The impact of a skills gap on your organisation’s goals and transformation journey
- How to ensure your transformation strategy is competency-based to achieve outcomes
- How to align skills to your transformation road-map
- Assessment of critical transformation workforce skills in two weeks
- Creating a high performing and future-ready workforce
- Tips and a checklist for your skills transformation journey
HR Tech Summit 2018
Date : 28 March 2018
Organiser : Key Media
The pace of technological change and its impact on business is accelerating. What technology should we be putting in place today to prepare for tomorrow?
The Summit discussed the following:
- How far ahead can we really plan in today's economy?
- What are the emerging technologies that will shape tomorrow's workplaces?
- The top five disruptive trends in HR technology (and where they might lead us)
- How will the Internet of Things impact on HR in the future?
For more details, please click here.
Leaders' Lab: Competency-Based Talent Management for Non-Profit Organisations
Date : 1 March 2018
Organiser : Centre for Non-Profit Leadership
When defined and used well, competencies help individuals grow in their roles and organisations. A talent management and talent acquisition process that includes defining and using competencies will help individuals grow in their roles and their organisations. Organisations that adapt competencies to achieve organisational goals and use them for development purposes gives non-profits a better shot at increasing retention and job satisfaction among emerging and existing leaders, helping them retain the talent that is key to their organisation's impact.
One of the guest speakers was Ms Evelyn Chow, Managing Director of DecodeHR.
For more details, please click here.
High Tea Seminar on the topic of how to Become a Competency Guru in 45 minutes
Date : 27 October, 2017
Organiser : DecodeHR and Comaea
The seminar covered the following key areas:
- Aligning your Workforce to your Overall Strategy and Goals
- Creating a High Performing and Future-ready Workforce
- Finding and Optimizing your Competencies in 5 Easy Steps
- Method for Assessing your Competencies in less than 2 weeks
- ROI of a Competency-Based Talent Management Strategy
- Tips and Checklist for how to Create Agile and Robust Competency Frameworks
Launch of the Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) Digital Transformation Exchange
We were at the Launch of the Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) Digital Transformation Exchange by Minister of State for Manpower, Mr Teo Ser Luck LAST Wednesday, 26 April 2017. Mr Teo explained that the digital transformation exchange would help foster a culture of innovation among companies and add value to HR professionals in areas such as staff recruitment, retention and rewards. Companies need to be open to adopting new technologies to grow their human capital and create more quality jobs for Singaporean PMETs. HR professionals will play a critical role in this.
Evelyn Chow, our managing director, was featured by MOM on their facebook page. She highlighted how technology, when implemented correctly for HR, can bring immense benefits to companies and their employees.
“The adoption of technology to enhance HR practices needs to be driven by senior management for the company to enjoy the benefits of automation.
When such technology is fully implemented, companies can increase the frequency of employee engagement and feedback. This in turn motivates employees and acts as an enabler for companies to enjoy greater productivity.”
Interview with The UrbanWire
Recently, we granted Yuan Xiu from The UrbanWire, a lifestyle magazine produced by final-year Online Journalism students of the School of Film & Media Studies at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, an interview on the job prospects of young people amidst the slowing economy. In the interview, Evelyn shared some thoughts on remaining employable and relevant. You can view this article here.
HR trends and practices
We were honored to be invited to speak at a seminar organized by CrimsonLogic, titled 'HR Trends and Practices - Optimising HR Functions and Practices to Build a sustainable and Efficient Law Firm'.
During the seminar, our Managing Director, Evelyn Chow, shared her thoughts on the strategy of driving a high performance culture with robust and future-orientated competency frameworks.
View some of the photos we took at the event below!
HR Leaders Summit 2016
DecodeHR was a sponsor for the HR Leaders Summit 2016. Held over two days from the 16-18th May in Phuket.